JOIN OUR INNOVATIVE TEAM
We’re always looking for talented, energetic people to join our growing company.
Emerge Knowledge is made up of a dynamic team of technology and environmental professionals. We’re always keen to meet inspired software developers, quality driven technologists, engaging client services superstars, and creative designer-types who seek to do great work in a collaborative environment. Please send us an email describing your career interest and include your resume, and we’ll gladly consider your application. (Please note, however, that we’ll only contact candidates whom we seek to interview.)
Thank you for your interest!
Quality Assurance Analyst
Emerge Knowledge Design Inc. is the environmental technology company that delivers Re-TRAC Connect™, the leading waste diversion software system that sustainability professionals trust to efficiently collect, manage, and analyze recycling and solid waste data.
We are currently looking for a Winnipeg-based Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team and to participate in testing and improving our software. We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter, with a “get it done” attitude, who will show enthusiasm to grow and advance within our company. If you enjoy technology, contributing ideas, and working in a high performing team, we want to meet you!
- Knowledge of QA processes & methodologies as well as user interface testing
- Excellent organizational skills, strong analytical and communication skills
- Must be very detail oriented and attentive to accuracy
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage time and work both independently and in a team
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in an applicable field preferred
- Previous QA experience preferred
- Independently review documentation to understand testing requirements, environments, and objectives
- Apply and follow established best practices for identifying, testing, and documenting work
- Conduct performance and user acceptance testing to ensure conformance to requirements
- Work with development teams to facilitate and advise stress testing
- Test new applications, new instances of existing applications and perform ongoing testing for existing products
- Complete tasks in accordance to project timelines, schedules and budget
- Maintain and provide accurate testing status reports
- Participate in software release and post-release activities
- Conduct meetings with both technical and non-technical team members to triage and resolve issues and defects
- Participate in and contribute to regular IT team meetings
As experience allows:
- Develop and execute automated scripts
- Write test cases ranging from basic to complex using business requirements
- We are located in the Exchange District (250 McDermot Avenue) near transit.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- This is a full-time, permanent position requiring 40 hour/week during standard office hours
- This position may be supported by the Youth Employment Strategy (YES) of HRSDC on behalf of The Government of Canada. Please indicate in your cover letter if you qualify for the YES program; to be eligible for the YES program candidates must meet each of the following criteria:
- 30 years of age or younger,
- A post-secondary graduate,
- Unemployed or under-employed,
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada (no work permits or student visas),
- Legally entitled to work, and
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance benefits.
Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12PM on July 10, 2020.