The creative team at Emerge Knowledge Design Inc. is proud that our software, Re-TRAC Connect™, is the leading recycling and waste data management software trusted by Governments, Organizations, and Enterprises across North America. Serving over 40,000 users, Re-TRAC Connect allows organizations to efficiently report data and manage waste and material diversion programs.
Emerge is expanding and needs an experienced Business Administrator to manage the day-to-day administrative operations of the company. We seek a talented, hard-working, detail-oriented team member who can successfully manage the company’s activities in the following areas: financial management (budgeting, bookkeeping & client account management), contracts, HR support, process management and other activities that help the company achieve our vision.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bookkeeping & Account Management using QuickBooks (QB) software:
- Review and prepare A/P by posting bills and preparing cheques
- Reconcile CAD & USD bank accounts and credit card statements
- Remit GST claim to remit to CRA
- Prepare client invoices based on reviewing project reports indicating services completed
- Payroll & Benefits Admin
- Run payroll including earnings, vacation, taxable benefits (i.e. employer contribution to transit benefit & health benefit) and employee payroll deductions (employee contribution to health benefits) after reviewing team member schedules
- Manage and administer employer transit benefit program using City of Winnipeg on-line EcoPass (peggo card)
- Manage and administer employer group health benefits program which involves documenting changes and providing information/assistance to employees as needed using SunLife online system
- Contract Admin using QB, customer online systems, and internal file management system:
- Manage all aspects of client contract admin including processing new contracts, managing renewals and all other related activities (e.g. setting up Emerge as a Canadian (“foreign” to US customers) vendor/service provider, liaising with customer agencies as needed, and related physical and electronic records management).
- Assist with general and miscellaneous office needs (e.g. answering phones, staff event planning, etc.)
- Research and contribute to ongoing development of company policies related to HR, technology, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or college certificate
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for problem solving and keen attention to detail
- Salary: $50,000-$70,000 commensurate with experience
- Other benefits: Group health plan, subsidized Eco-Passes, & profit-sharing
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours/week
- Location: Exchange District in Winnipeg, Manitoba
We are innovators and proud of our work. We thrive on foosball, sunshine, and coffee (fair trade of course). We are located in the Exchange District near transit and have an office equipped with a bike rack. We bus. We bike. We recycle. We compost. We are taking action on climate change. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Join us!
Please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you your interest (only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted). Posted: April 26, 2019
We’re always looking for talented, energetic people to join our growing company.
Emerge Knowledge is made up of a dynamic team of technology and environmental professionals. We’re always keen to meet inspired software developers, quality driven technologists, engaging client services superstars, and creative designer-types who seek to do great work in a collaborative environment. Please send us an email describing your career interest and include your resume, and we’ll gladly consider your application. (Please note, however, that we’ll only contact candidates whom we seek to interview.)
Thank you for your interest!
- Business Administrator